This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.

Restarting backup--how make continue (not start over)

Postby Team » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 pm

When doing a backup to an FTP site I clicked "Cancel" after many files had been moved to the FTP server. When I restarted the backup process the AceBackup 3 program started from the beginning: it copied over existing files that had already been copied to the server. When observing the status of files on the FTP site as AceBackup ran I saw the size of each of the files already on the FTP site reset to 0 and then incrementally grow as AceBackup recopied each file. Obviously, there was no need to recopy files that were already in the FTP backup directory.

How do I get AceBackup to restart the backup from where it left off after clicking Cancel during a backup? In other words, how do I get AceBackup to continue by doing an incremental backup that ignores files that have already been successfully copied to the FTP server and that have not been changed? I want it to be a backup (preserve the file structure of the computer's hard disk) and not an archive.

Thanks.
Team
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Restarting backup--how make continue (not start over)

Postby Goofy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

I don't think, that this is possible.

Do you know the "verify" button (project - verify)? With this you can find files that are on your medium but not in the project and you can remove files of the project, if they are not on your medium.
Goofy
User
User

Re: Restarting backup--how make continue (not start over)

Postby Goofy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:46 pm

I don't think, that this is possible.

Do you know the "verify" button (project - verify)? With this you can find files that are on your medium but not in the project and you can remove files of the project, if they are not on your medium.
Goofy
User
User

Return to AceBackup