Ranking Optimization not finding keywords in some fields

This forum is designated to discuss Ranking Toolbox.
texasfrank

Ranking Optimization not finding keywords in some fields

Post by texasfrank » February 21st, 2008, 3:22 am

Hello, after reading the complete manual I updated my web site (using NetObjects Fusion 7.5). I updated meta tags, alt tags for photos, put keywords in the title, and body text, but after doing an optimization scan the keyword phrase I was searching for is showing 0% results in many fields of the optimiaztion report. It doesn't make sense to me. I manually checked the source text in firefox and I'm seeing the keywords all over the place. I don't know if you're forum policy allows hyperlinks so I've spelled out the URL.

The URL is: seephotographs (dot) com
the keyword phrase is "Austin photographer"

I look forward to your response.
--Frank

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Ranking Optimization not finding keywords in some fields

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 21st, 2008, 3:40 pm

Hello,

we have checked this and there were some problems with the HTML code of the page and Ranking Toolbox was not able to parse the page correctly.

We will soon release a patch which solves this problem, if you need it now you can download the patched exe from here:
http://acebit-service.com/betas/rankingtoolbox.zip. You just need to extract it to the Ranking Toolbox program directory.

Best regards

texasfrank

Post by texasfrank » February 21st, 2008, 4:45 pm

Thanks, I'll look forward to the patch. I'm glad it is a known issue. Is this also an known issue with Hello Engines?

FYI, I did download the file, unzipped it. I copied the exe file to my ranking toolbox folder in place of the original program, then I launched it by double clicking the exe file. When I ran the optimization it gave me an error message that said it could not write to a file named template.js So I was unable to complete that optimization. I then decided I would just put the original program file back (which I had temporarily renamed just to be safe) and I'm still getting the same error message so I may need to reinstall the program unless you have a solution.

texasfrank

Post by texasfrank » February 21st, 2008, 6:26 pm

Hi, I was able to figure out the unable to write to problem mentioned above in the previous post. It is that irritating Vista Account control. I had it off before, and when I turned it back on it blocked RT from writing for some reason so I shut it off again and now RT's features are working. However, the new download didn't make any difference in trying optimize and find the keywords such as in the ALT tags. It still showed 0% in fields that I do have the keywords. I suppose the best thing is to just wait for the patch.

Thanks,
Frank

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 22nd, 2008, 10:51 am

Hello,

right now we are working on newer versions of Ranking Toolbox and Hello Engines! and the fixed and improved versions will be available soon.

Best regards