Keyboard Shortcuts?

This forum is designated to discuss Ranking Toolbox.
NachtRitter

Keyboard Shortcuts?

Post by NachtRitter » July 23rd, 2008, 10:47 am

Hi...

I have RT 6.0.4. Is it possible to find out what all the keyboard shortcuts are for the tool? For example, to open an existing project, it is Ctrl+O. Is there also a keyboard shortcut to Start Query once I have opened my project? I was unable to find this information in the Help files. Would be significantly easier if I could use the keyboard only to get a query started rather than switching between mouse & keyboard.

Thanks!

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts?

Post by Support (AceBIT) » July 23rd, 2008, 6:28 pm

Hello,

several very common commands like open project or save project have shortcuts. We will eventually add new shortcuts and update the help then.

If you have suggestions which commands need shortcuts in your opinion, please send us your feedback.

Best regards

NachtRitter

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts?

Post by NachtRitter » July 26th, 2008, 1:52 am

I believe you have misunderstood my question. I do understand that there are several common keyboard commands. I would like to know what those keyboard commands are. Do you have a list that you can provide?

Without knowing what commands you have already implemented, I would have a very difficult time suggesting which commands need shortcuts, since I would not know if they need them or not (as you might already have provided a keyboard shortcut for them).

For instance, I notice that some functions are available via "Alt+Y#" (where # is an actual number). So clearly your program already supports these kind of keyboard shortcuts, but it is impossible to find this out through your Help nor is it possible to easily determine this due to the non-standard user interface (no menu bar).

Would it be possible to provide the list of "Ctrl+ " and "Alt+ " shortcuts? Or even to provide a list of the sequence needed to do some basic functionalities (like Start Query)?

Thanks!!