.rop file format?

This forum is designated to discuss Ranking Toolbox.
NachtRitter

.rop file format?

Post by NachtRitter » August 1st, 2008, 9:50 am

Hi,

I am hoping you can help me with this query better than you have helped me on my past queries...

Would it be possible to get the file format for the .rop files? You do not offer a raw data export capability, so it seems the only option is to extract the needed data from the .rop files directly. Some of the data seems obvious, but other data is not so clear.

Unfortunately, the configurability of the RT6.0.4 output is not very good, the export function is not very useful, and the included graphs are quite confusing. I would prefer to take the raw data and generate my own usable output.

Thanks very much.

Support (AceBIT)

Re: .rop file format?

Post by Support (AceBIT) » August 4th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Hello,

the internal format of .rop files is hardly usable without corresponding programming tools.
What does you mean by export of 'raw' data? In our opinion, the best format of export might be XML format and we may implement this feature in the nearest updates.

Best regards

NachtRitter

Post by NachtRitter » August 12th, 2008, 6:29 am

Thanks Christiane,

By "raw", I mean some kind of format that can be parsed more easily than your proprietary format. XML would be great, but I'd be happy with simple csv or tab delimited text. Since you don't offer any form of data export in the current version and you might (or might not) implement something in the future, I'd be happy getting file format so I can use simple Java or Perl scripts to extract the information necessary to create more meaningful (from my perspective) output. In a similar way, I can extract data from or insert data into Adobe Flash files.

It appears that the .rop files are simply binary files of a particular format; if the Ranking Tool can read and write them (and certainly would not consider it a "programming tool"), then it should be possible to read them with another utility.

Please provide the file format so that I (and others) could make better use of the data collected by the Ranking Tool.

Thanks!

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » August 12th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Hello,

we have now sent you a PM with more information.

Best regards