RANKING QUERY DOES NOT WORK!!!

This forum is designated to discuss Ranking Toolbox.
angrymob

RANKING QUERY DOES NOT WORK!!!

Post by angrymob » August 22nd, 2008, 12:17 pm

Hello...
Why am I not able to check my ranking at google?? that's why I bought your program and I want it to WORK !!!! Yesterday I did a database update but it does NOT work.. :evil: Please fix this problem ASAP

struan

Re: RANKING QUERY DOES NOT WORK!!!

Post by struan » August 22nd, 2008, 12:58 pm

I raised the same issue earlier for the Hello Engines product, and they have just issued a new database update. Do an update and you should be fine.

angrymob

Post by angrymob » August 22nd, 2008, 2:45 pm

Yes, you're right. It's working now. Sorry for beeing rude but I was a little bit stressed out. Nevertheless Ranking Toolbox is a very good program :)

Arread

Post by Arread » August 25th, 2008, 10:55 am

Hello,

I'm french so sorry for my bad english.

I've got the same problem, which kind of update did you do to make it working ?

Thanks

Pat the french

Katrin (AceBIT-Team)

Post by Katrin (AceBIT-Team) » August 25th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Hello Pat,

please use the update manager (Mise a jour directe) which can be found in the Hello Engines! main menu on the upper left side of the program. This will download the latest database version 4.0.6.0 and solve this problem.

Cordialement

Arread

Post by Arread » August 27th, 2008, 8:50 am

Hello Katrin,

Thanks a lot, it works ... Another question : on page Status, i find a column "Result" on the thumbnail "Resume", what does this column mean ?

See you ...

Katrin (AceBIT-Team)

Post by Katrin (AceBIT-Team) » August 27th, 2008, 10:50 am

Hello Pat,

I am not absolutely sure if I understood correctly where you are, so you mean the one in the picture?

That is the maximum number of results which Ranking Toolbox looks at. You can change that value at the "Interrogation" tab at "Max résultats". For example, if you have a maximum number of 20 results, Ranking Toolbox will just check the first 20 results and if your site is found for the keyword on position 21, it will not be shown.

If you meant something else, please let me know.

Best regards
Attachments
RT.jpg
(98.35 KiB) Downloaded 456 times

Arread

Post by Arread » August 27th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Hi Katrin,

It's exactly my question !!! My english is'nt too bad :wink:
Now, i don't understand that : my "Max result" is 200 and watch my query result :

Why 60 on colum Result and not 200 ? Why 50 ?

Thanks

Katrin (AceBIT-Team)

Post by Katrin (AceBIT-Team) » August 28th, 2008, 12:06 pm

Hello,

No, your English is perfectly understandable :wink:.

This is indeed a strange phenomenon, we have tried the same with your website and your keywords and got different results each time (see picture as one example).

What we think might be the reason for this is the high number of queries, which Google might see as spamming. Maybe the IP address is blocked by Google after a certain time and therefore numbers like 50 and 60 appear.

What we would thus recommend is to use the "Hello Engines! Friendly Mode" for such queries (Interrogation/Configuration de la Interrogation), which will set the results to 50, though. If you want 200 results anyway, please try to query each keywords on its own with some time between the queries.

We hope that this will help,

Best regards

Katrin
Attachments
RT2.jpg
RT2.jpg (47.28 KiB) Viewed 5082 times