Accents not displayed correctly in the robot simulator.

This forum is designated to discuss Ranking Toolbox.
django29

Accents not displayed correctly in the robot simulator.

Post by django29 » July 20th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Hello.

I tried to submit a ticket, but the form doesn't work ("A field is empty ..." but there is no empty field).

1 - When I scan some of my websites with Ranting tool box / Tools / Web robot simulator, the accents are not displayed correctly . See attached file. Why this problem in some websites, and not in others ? All of them are made with Joomla - UTF8. (I already ask this question about 8 months ago : no answer).

2 - When I check my websites with the HTML validator, it finds a lot of errors, because of the code created by the HTML editor of Joomla : TinyMCE. These codes look like MCE_HREF, MCE_SRC, MCE_STYLE ...
Do you think it's a problem for ranking in search engines ?
If no, how can I "tell" to RTB not to take them as errors.

Django
Attachments
accents.jpg

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Accents not displayed correctly in the robot simulator.

Post by Support (AceBIT) » July 25th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Hello,

1) Could you please check in the in Emulation Report -> Customize -> Charset, which charset was used for the report generation? Please try both variants UTF-8 and ISO-8859-11. It is possible, that some pages of your website does not have declaration of used charset, in this case the default western European charset is used for internal representation of the strings. When these strings are converted for reports they may contain wrong symbols.

2) Sorry, in the current version it is not possible to customize the HTML validation rules. Our HTML validator uses the most strict requirements, which produces a lot of warnings. Please note, that in majority of cases those are namely warnings, not errors! This means they do not cause severe problems of displaying in browsers or search engines crawling, but rather show places, where HTML code can be optimized further.

Best regards
AceBIT - Support -

django29

Re: Accents not displayed correctly in the robot simulator.

Post by django29 » July 28th, 2011, 11:12 am

Thanks a lot.

1 - Thas was the explanation.

But the source code contains <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

2 - I think that with another HTML editor (JCE) I will not have this problem, and, when I'm rich enough, I'll buy AESOPS.