Remote Folder View

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
Paul Day

Remote Folder View

Post by Paul Day » February 27th, 2007, 8:54 pm

For some reason I cannot see the remote folders within my WISE-FTP window. Everytime I try to enlarge the window at the right hand side, it appears, but disappears when I release the mouse button. Is there a settings within the ini file that I need to change? :cry:

Dang (AceBIT Support)

Post by Dang (AceBIT Support) » February 28th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Hello,

excuse us, but which version of WISE FTP and wich operating system do you use exactly? Please click in the menu bar at "Help" -> "Info" to get the info of the version of WISE FTP.

Thank you in advance!

AceBit - Support -

Paul Day

Remote Folder View

Post by Paul Day » February 28th, 2007, 9:43 pm

I am using Version 3.1.0.0 and XP Pro

Julian (AceBIT Support)

Post by Julian (AceBIT Support) » March 2nd, 2007, 3:41 pm

Hello,

please update to the most current version 3.1.1.0 of Wise-FTP 3. Either click "File" -> "Update manager" or download the latest installer from http://www.wise-ftp.com/download/previous.htm

pgonzalez

Re: Remote Folder View

Post by pgonzalez » May 29th, 2009, 12:11 am

I am experiencing this same problem in a new version 6 installation on Vista. Upon connection, the ftp folder contents appear momentarily in the right panel (they are empty folders \in, \out and \backup) but immediately collapse into just "/".

The FAQs indicate the following procedure but I do not find an .INI file anywhere. Is something wrong with the installation? Please advise. Thanks.
Directory trees (local and on FTP server) are not visible anymore.
How to solve the problem:
Exit WISE-FTP.
Open the file wiseftp.ini (you find it in the WISE-FTP program directory).
Search for the line DirTree1_Height=0.
Change the line to DirTree1_Height=100.
Now change the next line from tvFTPDirs_Height=0 to tvFTPDirs_Height=100.
Save the file and restart WISE-FTP.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 29th, 2009, 5:51 pm

In version 6 there is no ini file used anymore. Also It looks like this is a different problem, not connected with with the original request.

Can you please make sure that you are using the latest version 6.1. If this problem appears in the latest version 6.1, could you please send a test login to support@acebit.com, so that we could try to login to your server and try to reproduce that problem?
AceBIT - Support -

pgonzalez

Post by pgonzalez » May 29th, 2009, 10:28 pm

The problem is resolved. There seems to have been a problem with the PC during the initial installation so it did not complete normally. I uninstalled and then reinstalled Wise FTP 6.1 and it worked fine. The folders appeared normally. It is curious that this could happen, however. PS. No wonder I could not find the ini file, as it no longer exists. Thanks.