copy folder from remote server to local hard drive

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
kostuj

copy folder from remote server to local hard drive

Post by kostuj » January 10th, 2008, 7:22 am

I am sure this is right in front of my nose because the FTP description says it can be done, but I am not sure how. I have upgraded files directly to the remote server on a couple of occasions, with my local files left outdated. I simply want to copy/save the upgraded remote folder back to my hard drive without the remote folder/directory being deleted upon the transfer. I cannot find such a seemingly simple task described in the documentation. Thank you in advance for any help. It is greatly appreciated. I think I have version 3.1.

Support (AceBIT)

Re: copy folder from remote server to local hard drive

Post by Support (AceBIT) » January 10th, 2008, 11:56 am

Hello,

If you select a folder on the remote FTP server, select a target folder in the local system and then click the button or menu command 'Download folder', the remote folder will be downloaded to the local system and the remote files will remain as they are.

If you want that files are always transfered and not only when the transfered files are newer, you can uncheck the following option: Preferences -> Options -> Advanced -> "Transfer only newer files during directory transfer".

Best regards

kostuj

Re: copy folder from remote server to local hard drive

Post by kostuj » January 11th, 2008, 6:49 am

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.