501 No file name

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
GoS

501 No file name

Post by GoS » February 17th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Ever since upgrading to 5.5.7, when I edit a file on my server, say using Notepad, I can edit and save, but when I 'OK' the prompt to upload the file again, I get a "501 No file name" message against the STOR command, and the file is not updated. This used to work fine before 5.5.7. Any ideas?

Support (AceBIT)

Re: 501 No file name

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 18th, 2008, 11:45 am

Hello,

some servers have this problem and we will fix the in the nearest update. If you need it to you can download this patched .exe from here: http://acebit-service.com/betas/wise_ftp.zip. You just need to extract it to the Wise-FTP 5 program directory.

Best regards

GoS

Post by GoS » February 18th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Thanks very much, that's very helpful. I've done what you said, but when I start the product I get a pop-up saying that I have 14 days left, implying that I have an evaluation copy. Just to clarify, I had a full license before. I've tried to 'unlock now' and can apply an activation key, but then it asks for something else (sorry, don't remember the phrase now), which I don't have. It looks like I had a full version of the exe file before and you've supplied an evaluation copy?

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 19th, 2008, 10:11 am

Hello,

sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Probably the program asks for an unlock code. If you ordered Wise-FTP on our homepage, you received this code by e-mail after ordering. If you cannot find this unlock code, please send an e-mail to support@acebit.com with some details about your order, we will then send it to you.

If you received Wise-FTP from one of our partners like 1&1 you can find your unlock code in the control panel in the section software. If you cannot find your unlock code there please contact them, as we do not have access to their customer database.

Best regards

GoS

Post by GoS » February 19th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Thanks again. I have your product as a Fasthosts customer, but do not remember an unlock code when I downloaded and installed it. I've just logged into Fasthosts and found the download link (which, incidentally, still points to a 5.5.3 version) and can confirm that there is no mention of an update code there, so I can only guess that you/they have implemented some special arrangement. I'll email you on your support address and point to this thread - hopefully you've be able to send me what I need. My only other option is to go back to 5.5.3, but that doesn't seem a good long-term solution. I presume that we should be able to upgrade when we get your software from your partners?

GoS

Post by GoS » March 3rd, 2008, 7:02 pm

In your last response you suggested I email you at support@acebit.com to get the unlock code. I've done that twice in the last fortnight, but did not get a reply to either. Help please!

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 4th, 2008, 10:07 am

Hello,

we have already sent you an answer to your e-mail. Today we have sent it again. If you do not receive this e-mail, could you please give us another e-mail address, maybe by PM, to which we can sent the message again?

Best regards

GoS

Post by GoS » March 4th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Thanks for your very quick reply. No I still haven't had your email, but it's very strange because I have had a "Topic reply notification" in my email inbox for your latest posting and for every previous one. That suggests that you have my email address and it works fine (i.e. my spam checker is not blocking messages from your email address). Anyway, I'll PM you as you've suggested.
Thanks,
Steve