Schedule disappears

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
tom855

Schedule disappears

Post by tom855 » February 19th, 2008, 2:31 pm

I'm using 3.0 and evaluating 5.0 for purchase. The primary driver for the upgrade is the scheduled tasks feature. However, it appears they both use the same scheduler. Can you tell me two things?

1) Why is it that everytime I reboot my recurring scheduled tasks go away? They seem to stay in the scheduler and work OK until I reboot.
2) What enhancements took place specifically to the scheduler between 3.0 and 5.0?

Thanks!

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Schedule disappears

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 19th, 2008, 4:12 pm

Hello,

normally a task should only be deleted if the option "delete after completion" is marked. Please make sure in the options that the task file TaskList.wtl is stored in a location where the program has the right to create/modify files.

In version 5 of Wise-FTP the possibility to synchronize files is added to the scheduler.

Best regards

tom855

Post by tom855 » February 20th, 2008, 7:26 pm

I did confirm that the delete after completion box was not checked. However, when I reboot the scheduler is still emptied out. You mentioned about permissions. I've never had an issue with (or needed to change) permissions. Can you tell me how to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks!

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 21st, 2008, 11:01 am

Hello,

please first of all check that you are using the latest version of Wise-FTP. To do this, please run the integrated update manager.

In the Task-Planner window please click the menu File -> Rename... and save your current task list in the folder My Documents for example, this will assure that the program will be able to update the task list file.

Best regards

tom855

Post by tom855 » February 21st, 2008, 2:32 pm

I did check the updates and it was already the latest version. However, I did notice that Scheduler is still at 3.0.0.7, which is the version that came with my trial version. Is that the latest or is the update manager not updating that?

I did move the task list to MyDocuments and insure it was there. I rebooted and Scheduler was again empty. I used File, Open Task List, and could select and load the task file from MyDocuments. Everything was in the file just as it was saved. However, it still won't load the file upon reboot.

Any idea what's up? This is the main reason I'm trying to stay with AceBit for this app and it doesn't seem like it should be this hard.

Thanks for the help!

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 22nd, 2008, 10:43 am

Hello,

it seems that you try to run two schedulers at the same time, the scheduler from Wise-FTP 3 and from Wise-FTP 5, but it is not possible that both run at the same time.

We would recommend you to uninstall the scheduler of version 3 for the testing period. If you do not want to do this, please do the following:

1) Open the scheduler of version 3 and in its options please uncheck 'Run at windows startup' and then shutdown scheduler of Wise-FTP 3.
2) Open the task planner of version 5.5.7 and in its options Check 'Run at windows startup'.

Best regards

tom855

Post by tom855 » February 22nd, 2008, 9:57 pm

Got both WiseFTP and the Scheduler to run in the latest version. Thanks.