Directories:

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
terriers33

Directories:

Post by terriers33 » March 28th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Hi,
Brand new here with a probably simple question, if you know the answer lol.

I have installed the Gallery2 image program on my site via wise ftp.

Everything is fine, it's all up and running but somewhere along the way when installing i have created 2 directories with the same name, gallery2/gallery2.. and i have to click the first one to get to the second which is the main installation, this also shows up in in the address bar on my site when visited.
It is causing havoc to myself when adding links etc. i am scared of deleting the first one as it contains the second one....hope that makes sense!!!
Any help at all would be great.
I have included a .jpg of the ftp structure.
Many thanks,
Bill.
gallery2-help.jpg
the structure
(14.03 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Directories:

Post by AceBIT » March 28th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Hello Brand,

the best solution would be, to delete all content of gallery2 including its sub dir gallery2/gallery2 and re-install the application into the right directory. If you don't like this option, you can just select gallery2 and delete only the files which are there, but leave the gallery2/gallery2 untouched.

Of course, if you delete the first one (gallery2) all your files in gallery2/gallery2 will be also deleted.

Please let us know if this answer could help you with your problem.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

terriers33

Post by terriers33 » March 28th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Thank you Acebit,
I appreciate your comments but i should have put in my post that re-installing is not an option as i have already done so much work .

Your comment below is exactly my problem

if you delete the first one (gallery2) all your files in gallery2/gallery2 will be also deleted.

I was hoping there may be another option.
Thanks,
Bill.

terriers33

Post by terriers33 » March 29th, 2008, 11:43 pm

Sorry, back again,
Further to my first post.
I thought i would download the full Gallery2 installation as a copy then delete the original via my FTP, tried, didn't work, so moved it to the root, tried deleting again, most of it gone but the two named folders (Gallery2/Gallery2) will not go away!!!!!!
Please help!!
Bill.
ftp help.jpg
ftp help.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 1266 times