ESocketException: Error 87 in function Connect

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
petek

ESocketException: Error 87 in function Connect

Post by petek » April 20th, 2008, 2:51 pm

I'm running Wise FTP version 2.3.2.10 under windows XP Sp2, but since upgrading my system to a core 2 duo model, I cannot connect to any ftp site (including "localhost"), because I get the above error. I tried reinstalling the software, but that does not help. The error occurs as soon as I try to connect.

If all else fails, I will upgrade to the latest version, but I really like this version: it is small, efficient and it works (well, if did !).

I have another FTP client and that works fine, so it probably isn't a connectivity issue.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Pete K

petek

Re: ESocketException: Error 87 in function Connect

Post by petek » April 20th, 2008, 2:59 pm

I just tried googling the error message and the results seem to suggest that an invalid parameter is being passed to winsock.

Pete K

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » April 21st, 2008, 9:23 am

Hello,

do you maybe have any firewall or any other security software which may block so that Wise-FTP has no access to the internet? Maybe you could deactivate your firewall for a short test?

Best regards

petek

Post by petek » April 21st, 2008, 7:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already tried that (sorry, I should have said so). I don't think it is getting as far as the firewall as it appears that the winsock call is failing with an invalid parameter. However, just by coincidence, I saw a copy of Personal Computer World in the newsagent today with an updated version on its cover disk, so I'll unistall the original and try that one.

Cheers,

Pete K

petek

Post by petek » April 21st, 2008, 8:19 pm

I just installed version 3 from the PCW disk and it works a treat. If it continues to work OK I will upgrade to a proper version as a thank-you to AceBit.

Pete K