FTP File transfer truncation at 5540 bytes

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
dimension85

FTP File transfer truncation at 5540 bytes

Post by dimension85 » May 13th, 2008, 1:07 pm

I have been using FTP for several years and until today have not had any problems. However now all my file transfers when the file size is over 5540 bytes in size stops transferring and enters pending state. The file is halted at 5540 on the server.
Files under this size are still working with no problem.
Please can you advise how I solve this problem as I am at a loss as to where to go next.

Its getting rather urgent as I am no longer able to support my webservers and customers.

Your help is appreciated.
Regards
Philip Vandenberg

Support (AceBIT)

Re: FTP File transfer truncation at 5540 bytes

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 13th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Hello,

which version of Wise-FTP are you using exactly (Help/About)? Do you receive any error message when the transfer stops? Is it only one file which you want to upload or are these several smaller files?

Best regards

dimension85

Post by dimension85 » May 13th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Christiane (AceBIT Team) wrote:Hello,

which version of Wise-FTP are you using exactly (Help/About)? Do you receive any error message when the transfer stops? Is it only one file which you want to upload or are these several smaller files?

Best regards
Its the latest version of FTP version 3.1.0.0 and I downloaded the updates today AFTER I had the problem just tp make sure.

The problem happens for ALL files, of any type, Image, TXT, Binanries etc, greater than 5540 bytes and the transfer goes into pending status and just waits. I have to cancel it to get any other work through.

No error messages are displayed when it stops.

Hope rthis helps.

Regards
Philip Vandenberg

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 14th, 2008, 10:05 am

Hello,

could you please check whether the disk quota is exceeded on the server? Maybe the server also has some restrictions regarding the size of files. Does this problem only happen for one server or also for other servers?

Best regards

Frakir

Post by Frakir » May 29th, 2008, 9:35 am

Hello !

I arrived there by looking a solution for my own problem, which was exactly the same.
I may have a solution for you.

In France, two Providers (Alice and Club-internet) give Comtrend ADSL modem (CT-633/CT-635 )to their suscribers. And many people using ovh for web site hosting had this problem.

If you tried before to optimize your internet connection by defining a MTU parameter in Windows registry... this really can be the solution

The solution, for us, is to get back to Windows default parameters !! Simpliest way to do this :
- download TCPOptimizer
- Launch it , then go in File, then "Restore Windows Default Parameters"
- Reboot and ... it should work (it worked for me)

Original link for the solution (but in french) :
http://www.extremepc.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1255

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Hello,

thank you for your suggestion. Maybe this can help other users who have the same problem.

Best regards