Dropped connections during upload

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
marsforty

Dropped connections during upload

Post by marsforty » May 21st, 2008, 8:38 pm

I recently installed wise ftp 3 (Windows XP) and have had nothing but problems with it!!! On about 6 seperate sessions (and a dozen occasions on each session) over the last 5 days I have attempted to upload a file (about 80mb) to my website and on EVERY occasion after a successful start with the upload the connection drops after 5 or 10 minutes! I reconnect, the file continues to upload and a few minutes later the connection drops again. This pattern (dropped connection/reconnect) continues for another 5/6 goes and then when the next connect happens it starts to overwrite the file which has been partially uploaded - the other reconnects it does not overwrite rather it continues the upload. I have tried to configure wise but am still getting this dropped connection after a few minutes of upload. Any idea why this is happenning? I never had any problems with my previous ftp client (cute ftp) which I had been using for about 8 years.!!!
Regards
P

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Dropped connections during upload

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 23rd, 2008, 8:55 am

Hello,

which version of Wise-FTP are you using exactly (Help/About)? Do you have checked the option "Auto-resume interrupted transfers" at Options -> Preferences -> Connection/Transfer?

Best regards

marsforty

Re: Dropped connections during upload

Post by marsforty » May 23rd, 2008, 7:25 pm

Christiane (AceBIT Team) wrote:Hello,

which version of Wise-FTP are you using exactly (Help/About)? Do you have checked the option "Auto-resume interrupted transfers" at Options -> Preferences -> Connection/Transfer?

Best regards
version 3.1.2
yes i have checked 'Auto-resume interrupted transfers'
i have also unstalled and reinstalled but am still getting the same problem which is driving me nuts......... :x
p