WISE-FTP 5

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
philjb

WISE-FTP 5

Post by philjb » September 21st, 2008, 12:28 pm

Using 1and1 hosting and successfully uploaded files to web on 20/09/08. Tried to upload files today 21/09 and WiseFTP refuses to play ball. Getting error message below:

WISE-FTP 5 Application Executable has stopped working

Have tried some suggestions from other threads - Running as Administrator, etc, but to no avail. Have even uninstalled and re-installed. Planner won't run either. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Support (AceBIT)

Re: WISE-FTP 5

Post by Support (AceBIT) » September 22nd, 2008, 9:52 am

Hello,

when exactly do you receive this error message? Do you know if you are using the latest version of Wise-FTP? Did you change anything on your system since you have been able to use Wise-FTP for the last time?

Best regards

philjb

Post by philjb » September 22nd, 2008, 5:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded the latest version. I don't get the error message on start up like some of the others are saying - only when I try to load WISE-FTP. I did a system restore to a date prior to some windows updates but this made no difference even though wise-ftp worked perfectly on that date! I uninstalled and re-installed but again this didn't solve the problem. Puzzled!

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » September 23rd, 2008, 10:14 am

Hello,

which operating system are you using? Are you at least able to upload a few files to the server? Do you receive this error message also when you download files? You receive this message with all servers?

Best regards

schamberlain

Post by schamberlain » August 12th, 2009, 11:24 am

I get the same error after installing on Vista Business. I obtained the application for free from FastHosts as I have a number of domains hosted by them :D . After downloading and installing the software, it causes windows explorer to crash and stop working when you try and run the application. :? I have downloaded a copy of the latest version, but that is presumably on a 30 day trial basis. Is there a free upgrade key? As the version I have will not work.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » August 12th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Please note that version 5 was not designed for Vista. We would recommend to upgrade to version 6, which works fine with Vista.

The upgrade from version 5 to 6 is available for 9.95 Euro:

https://acebit.cleverbridge.com/49/?sco ... cart=33744
AceBIT - Support -