Upload Speeds....

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
LeoG

Upload Speeds....

Post by LeoG » August 1st, 2009, 4:53 pm

Hi All, new poster but I have been using Wise FTP for a while now.

Up until now I was dealing with files that were pretty small in size. Today I wanted to upload a file that was 46MB to my server. Well, averaging 10-12 KBps is making for quite a long upload.

My question is:

Is this a limitation of Wise FTP or something else. I am running broadband and have an average upload speed of 0.61 Mbps, or is it my connection.

Obviously it can be my server, I just have no way to test that.

Using version 6.0.0

Thank you.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Upload Speeds....

Post by Support (AceBIT) » August 4th, 2009, 12:49 am

Hello,

you may slow down the transfer speed in "Options/Preferences/Connection and Transfer" by checking "Limit Transfer Speed". This is a global setting. You may also limit the speed for a specific FTP server only by choosing "Connect" and then set the values under "Use global speed limits".

If you did not used any of these options, then WISE-FTP uses the maximum possible speed for up-/downloading files.

However, please note that with almost all ISPs the upload speed is much slower than the download speed. Of course it may also be your FTP server which slows down the upload.
AceBIT - Support -

LeoG

Re: Upload Speeds....

Post by LeoG » August 4th, 2009, 12:57 am

Thanks, I checked and it is set for unlimited speed. I realize that the upload speed is much slower than the download, my download speed is around 1500Kb/s while the upload speed is around 600Kb/s. The maximum speed I was able to attain while uploading was around 30KB/s which is pretty dismal. I believe it must be the server that I am uploading to.

Thanks again.

Leo