WISE-FTP 7 is now available!

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
AceBIT
Site Admin

WISE-FTP 7 is now available!

Post by AceBIT » February 21st, 2011, 7:00 pm

:!: NOTE

WISE-FTP 7 is now available:
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

Travelguy

Re: WISE-FTP 7 is now available!

Post by Travelguy » February 26th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Looks promising... Seems like the installer should auto import settings and offer to uninstall older version though. I had to uninstall version 6 manually.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 10th, 2011, 10:46 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

The accounts are indeed not imported automatically, but need to be taken over via Import -> From version 6.

Best regards
AceBIT - Support -

davidascher
Expert
Expert

Post by davidascher » May 12th, 2011, 7:10 pm

I've been trying out Version 7 and I see and appreciate the new feature that it will reopen the connections I had open when I shut it down. Beyond that, I am not seeing 25 Euros worth of improvements. I've looked at the list of new features and nothing leaps out at me as something "I gotta have". There are plenty of other FTP tools that have entered the market over the past few years - some of which are free - with similar capabilities. The list of Wise-FTP Version 7 features looks to me like the same set of features that Wise-FTP 6 already has.

I have been using Wise-FTP as my primary ftp tool for over 5 years and do not want to move to something else, however, 25 Euros seems like a steep price for what appears to me to be a minor upgrade that you've decided to release as a major upgrade. I can only guess that you've done a lot of work under the covers and you want to be paid for it. Fair enough, but I don't think you're going to get a lot of upgrades or new licenses for these prices unless you are providing capabilities that are not available from other products and which people really need and want.

Have I overlooked some new feature that would make this worth the upgrade?
Dave Ascher

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » May 16th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback!

All the major improvements in version 7 are mentioned in the list. We are aware that not every use will actually need all of the improvements, so the upgrade price may in some cases be too high, considering that version 6 is already a solid and comprehensive version.

However, we are convinced that the upgrade is worth the 25 Euros for the majority of users.

By the way: We have some special offers from time to time - in case you receive our newsletter, you may consider the latest offer.

Best regards
AceBIT - Support -