need to respecify ftp port after disconnects

This forum is designated to discuss WISE-FTP.
davidascher
Expert
Expert

need to respecify ftp port after disconnects

Post by davidascher » March 30th, 2013, 9:07 pm

I am experiencing fairly frequent disconnection from various ftp servers for reasons that I have not yet determined. I get a messages asking if I want to reconnect, I click on "YES" and then I get a popup which seems to require me to enter the port to use. I enter 'ftp' and it connects.

Why would I have to keep re-entering the port which I have already configured in the site connection parameters? This is becoming a real nuisance.

thanks.
Dave Ascher

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Re: need to respecify ftp port after disconnects

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » April 2nd, 2013, 6:04 pm

Dear Dave Ascher:

In order to be able to fix your problem, it would be very helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the popup dialog in question as we cannot find it in WISE-FTP. Please post this screenshot either in this forum or send it to us via email (support@acebit.com).

Also, could you please tell us which version of WISE-FTP you are using? Thank you!

davidascher
Expert
Expert

Post by davidascher » May 3rd, 2013, 10:24 pm

I am using Wise-FTP 7.0.6. Here is a captured image of the popup that I am seeing....
WISEftpConnectionErrorPopUp-2.jpg
I enter the port as "ftp"; wise-ftp reconnects; Later the same error appears and the port is again empty.

I DO have the checkbox "remember the server profile changes" checked. AND the port is specified (as 'ftp) in the profile.

thanks.
Dave Ascher

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » May 6th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Hi davidascher,

Thank you for giving us details!

We could not reproduce your problem and handed it on to our Quality Assurance Department. We will get back to you as soon as we hear back from our Department!

davidascher
Expert
Expert

Post by davidascher » August 8th, 2013, 7:10 pm

How are you doing with finding a solution to the problem? It's been a few months since your last reply.
Dave Ascher

Stefan (AceBIT Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Stefan (AceBIT Team) » August 9th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Hello Dave,

we are sorry that we didn't come up with new information, but unfortunately we still can't reproduce the problem.

It might sound silly, but did you try re-installing the software? Often that already solves the probelm.

A few more suggestions would be:

- try a different port (e.g. 21)

- changing from a passive to an active connection

- creating a new entry inside the "Site Manager"