Bugs or suggestions for improvement

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
sperkinsCIO
Expert
Expert

Bugs or suggestions for improvement

Post by sperkinsCIO » July 30th, 2010, 3:14 am

I've got the latest version.

First Problem

Current behavior when I want to edit a password entry:
1. In top bar mode, I search for a password and select it.
2. PWD displays the correct password in the Group and Password fields of the Top Bar
3. I click the 'Restore' button to change the View.
4. PWDepot displays the password list starting from the top.

I would like it to go right to and highlight the selected password. As it stands now, I have to scroll down to the password I just searched for.

Second Problem

The browser integration ignores the fact that I already have a password entry for website.

The behavior is:

1. I search for a password in top bar mode then click 'Open URL'
2. Then I click 'Auto-Complete' and login.
3. PWD prompts me to save this password/URL entry, even though I just used PWD to get to and login to the web site.

Why does it do this?

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Bugs or suggestions for improvement

Post by AceBIT » August 6th, 2010, 7:22 pm

First of all I apologize for the delay in getting a response to you in a timely manner. Due to a high volume of support issues, we were experience a delay in responding to tickets in a timely manner.

Your first problem:

Please make sure that you are using the latest version. Then, after you load your password file make sure that you save it at least 1x with the new version 5.

After that this problem should not occur again.

Your second problem:

This may happen here and there, if the fields in your existing password entries are not identical with those in the browsers window (e.g different URL)

You can solve this problem by making sure that the URL is exactly the same as shown in the browsers URL address field.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de