Password is placed in Username box!!!!!

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
ArtPettyjohn

Password is placed in Username box!!!!!

Post by ArtPettyjohn » August 23rd, 2010, 2:53 am

I just upgraded to PW5 and the Password is placed in Username box!!!!

I have upgraded to the latest version

What is going on?

Art

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Password is placed in Username box!!!!!

Post by Support (AceBIT) » August 23rd, 2010, 11:04 am

Hello Art,

Could you describe in a little more detail, when this happens? You are visiting a website and the browser add-on places the password instead of the user name into the user name field? Or is the browser add-on asking you to add a new entry and if you do so, the password is saved as the user name? What is the URL where this occurs?

Best regards
AceBIT - Support -

ArtPettyjohn

Post by ArtPettyjohn » August 23rd, 2010, 5:57 pm

Hi AceBIT Support,

When I attempt to open my Google mail account, PW5 places my password in the username box and nothing in the password box. I am using Google Chrome as my default browser. I have tried it with IE and it does the same thing.

As you know I am not new to the functions of Password Depot. I have been using it for quite a number of years.

Thinking it may be because PW3 and PW4 were also loaded on my computer, I uninstalled them and then uninstalled PW5. I then downloaded PW5 again and I still am having the problem.

Is it possible for me to download PW3 and get a refund for PW5 until you get this problem fixed in PW5?

Thanks,

Art Pettyjohn

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » August 24th, 2010, 1:12 am

I assume that your existing password entry is pretty old and owns an incorrect autocomplete sequence, which was created somewhere in the past.

If you are familiar with auto complete sequences you can fix this manually in the dialog "Modify Entry" in the tab "Additional". Otherwise just try this:

Copy your username and password of your Gmail account into eg Notepad. Delete that password entry from Password Depot.

Now open your browser and login to your Gmail account (just copy and paste username/password from Notepad). After you click OK, Password Depot should recognize this as New Entry and popup an according dialog.
ArtPettyjohn wrote:Thinking it may be because PW3 and PW4 were also loaded on my computer, I uninstalled them and then uninstalled PW5. I then downloaded PW5 again and I still am having the problem.
No, this is for sure not the reason. You can leave the previous versions on your PC, although this is not recommended, once you upgraded to version 5.
ArtPettyjohn wrote:Is it possible for me to download PW3 and get a refund for PW5 until you get this problem fixed in PW5?
If you should not be satisfied after purchasing Password Depot you can return it without stating any reasons within 30 days and we will refund the full purchase price!
More details: http://www.acebit.com/30_day_money_back.htm
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de