Here are some instructions on how to do that:
First, check if the language is already available here:
https://www.password-depot.com/language ... _depot.htm
1) Download and install the "SIL Editor": http://www.sicomponents.com/soft/SilEditor_Setup.exe
2) Download the language package corresponding to the version number you want to translate:
- Version 11 (Updated on June 5, 2018)
- Version 10 (Updated on December 22, 2016)
- Version 9: (Updated on April 7, 2016)
- Version 8: (Updated on September 1, 2014)
- Version 7: (Updated on April 15, 2013)
- Version 6: (Updated on June 15, 2012)
- Version 5:
3) Extract the sib files into the Password Depot program directory (by default this is C:\Program Files (x86)\AceBIT\Password Depot 11)
4) Load the .sib file in the SIL Editor and enter your translation into the "custom" column.
5) Save the sib files and launch Password Depot. When you now click in Options/General you can find your new language in the drop-down “Language”.
6) If you want to allow us to use your translation on our website, please send us by email a written accreditation. Of course, we will mention you and your website as a translator and provide you with a lifetime free license.
Please take into account the following considerations:
Translating of “%” symbol. The symbol % plays a very important role in Delphi projects, usually, it is not used for displaying the percent sign but for special formatting purposes. Therefore all words, beginning with % must be repeated in the translation EXACTLY AS IS.
- English: Connected to %s as %s
German: Verbunden mit %s als %s
French: Connecté à %s comme %s
- English: %.2fKB (%d bytes)
German: %.2fKB (%d Bytes)
French: %.2fKo (%d octets)
String Lengths. The same strings in different languages may have very different lengths. For example, some phrases, translated from English to French may become 2 times longer. Sometimes this cannot be avoided, but whenever possible, please try to make translations not too much longer than original phrases as it may negatively affect the user interface.