5.xx Search Button missing

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
OneRingRules

5.xx Search Button missing

Post by OneRingRules » February 22nd, 2011, 2:35 am

Why did the developers remove the SEARCH icon in expanded mode (Restore)? Search only now appears in TOP BAR mode or am I missing some way of adding additional icons to the master full screen view? It was a pretty useful button in the expanded view especially when there are many passwords.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: 5.xx Search Button missing

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 22nd, 2011, 11:17 am

Hello OpenRingRules,

thank you for your message.
The search function in version 5 is normally available below the tool bar, but above your (password) entries.

Please look at the orange bar in this picture.
PWD-searchfunc.jpg
Isn't it available in your full screen view?

Regards,
AceBIT - Support -

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » February 22nd, 2011, 3:10 pm

Hi Tech Support - Thanks for the prompt response. Yes My ver 5.xx looks like yours. I know I might be missing something but take a look at version 4.xx See the Search function button which I have put a circle around. Unless I am mistaken there is no such button in version 5. There certainly is nothing in yours or mine. :no:
Password Deport 4 - 22-02-2011 11-52-28 PM.png

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 22nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Hello OpenRingRules,

Thank you for your answer.
So you miss only the button, not the function itself?

The search function has been adapted and in the course of it been moved to another place, such as about 20 other functions of the program.

Are you feeling this uncomfortable with the new way of searching?

Regards,
AceBIT - Support -

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » February 22nd, 2011, 5:29 pm

Having the search button there was particularly useful because you can stay in the full screen editing mode, search for an entry, edit, save and then search another, edit, save etc. I am not sure what reason the developers had for removing something that was pretty useful.

Currently you have to go to Top Bar, search, open full screen, edit, save and then open top bar and search again (It just slows editing down quite a bit). It is all pretty slow and cumbersome. I wonder sometimes if the development group actually uses these products in real world use.

You mention another 20 other functions have been moved. So far I have found everything pretty well fits nicely. Although saying that I couldn't see why you made THREE menu bars. This time you have moved 6 functions to the top border bar. Personally I would have liked to have seen at least the OPTIONS, LOCK and TOP BAR icons placed on the main larger TOOLS icon tool bar. The reason for that is that these are used a lot. It just saves you having to click home again after you have been in the tools area if you want to go to TOP BAR or LOCK the app. You might have to lock it quickly and if you don't have good eye site you will have missed the mini icons anyway. You need a microscope to see the icons in the top border bar but I guess every one is using multiple ribbon bars.

I have around 450 passwords in multiple groups so am a reasonable frequent user. I would be absolutely dead without this product and it is used constantly all and every day. Even my 85 yo dad is using it . Would be nice to see a bigger range of icons. Its hard to make it better and any of my comments are at the extreme end of being very very fussy.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 22nd, 2011, 6:12 pm

Hello OpenRingRules,

Thank you for your message.
Did you recognize, that the search function in full screen mode is still available, as I wrote and showed in second message here, above? Please go back and look at the picture, the ORANGE BAR is the new search field, where you can also perform an advanced search by clicking on the two arrows.
Or please follow this link, which shows the new features in Password Depot 5. :)

We always appreciate the suggestions of our users and will bother to include it during the developement of future versions.

Regards,
AceBIT - Support -

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » February 23rd, 2011, 7:21 am

Ooops :shock: I should look around more !! I see you don't even need a button any longer.. Much better .. Thanks for not saying the word "dummy"

Appreciate your support :clap:

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 23rd, 2011, 11:11 am

Hello OpenRingRules,

Thank you for your compliments! We're always happy to help. :)

There will definitively be other users with this problem - so thanks again for bringing up that question.

Regards,
AceBIT - Support -