Vertical bar

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
Martin
Expert
Expert

Vertical bar

Post by Martin » March 22nd, 2011, 5:02 pm

I would be usefull, now the latest browsers don't really use a top menu bar anymore and have the tabs in that particulat place, to be able to have the Password Depot bar vertical on the left. Because I am used to have the bar at the top, but it nows falls over the tab's of the different browsers and I keep moving the Password Depot bar to close the tabs in for exaple Firefox 4.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450
Asus Maximus Motherboard

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Vertical bar

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 22nd, 2011, 5:09 pm

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will take this into consideration for a next version.

Best regards
AceBIT - Support -

Martin
Expert
Expert

Post by Martin » March 22nd, 2011, 5:14 pm

Thanks for taking it into consideration. I don't think it will be suchs a hassle to have this option part of PD but then again I am a totall noob on these matters :lol:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450
Asus Maximus Motherboard

OneRingRules

Post by OneRingRules » March 29th, 2011, 12:34 pm

Hi Martin

Have you tried using top bar with "top screen edge" and "Always on top" and "auto hide" profile turned on so the top bar roles up off the top of the screen until you mouse in that area. I use Firefox all versions including 4 and it works really well. If you launch on the left side I would have thought there would be bigger issues with yr programs lists and reading pane view issues. Firefox now has a small tab top left but in every situation I have tried Password Depot sits above that top tab or if you make auto hide roles off the screen altogether. I like the auto hide anyway as peple don't know you have the application which is an added security feature and bonus :smart:

Martin
Expert
Expert

Post by Martin » March 29th, 2011, 12:43 pm

It does sit on top of the bar which is what is bothering me because then I can only see part of the tabs. But when I use the autohide it doesn't stay there that is true. However I don't like the auto hide option. Never did with anything (jncluding the autohide of the Windows taskbar). I always found those autohide functions slow to respond and I couldn't see what was going on in an instant because the bar is hidden.

The abillity of placing the bar on the left hand side of the screen would be the ideal solution in my opinion.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450
Asus Maximus Motherboard