Password Depot 7 - SmartScreen problem

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
Tomelki

Password Depot 7 - SmartScreen problem

Post by Tomelki » February 26th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Hello there.
I've been using Password Depot for a few months. I was reinstalling my operating system and I wanted to download Password Depot installer. I did. When I tried to run it, Microsoft SmartScreen blocked it.
That is what I saw "Windows protected your PC. Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.".
This issue did not happen before. I think it is the problem with the newest versions of Password Depot, those two released on 25th February 2013.
Are you able to fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Thomas

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: Password Depot 7 - SmartScreen problem

Post by AceBIT » February 26th, 2013, 11:10 pm

Tomelki wrote:Hello there.
I've been using Password Depot for a few months. I was reinstalling my operating system and I wanted to download Password Depot installer. I did. When I tried to run it, Microsoft SmartScreen blocked it.
That is what I saw "Windows protected your PC. Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.".
This issue did not happen before. I think it is the problem with the newest versions of Password Depot, those two released on 25th February 2013.
Are you able to fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Please download the Installer again from our Website. You should now be able to install the application without any warning.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

Tomelki

Post by Tomelki » February 27th, 2013, 1:00 am

I'm afraid it still does not work for me.

Tomelki

Post by Tomelki » February 27th, 2013, 1:47 am

For Your Information - I see the difference, now it shows who published the software, but nothing more has been changed, SmartScreen is still blocking Password Depot.

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » March 13th, 2013, 10:22 am

Hi Tomelki,

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce your problem. Please make sure that you are using the latest updates of Windows 8!