Password Depot and Firefox 19

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.

Password Depot and Firefox 19

Post by 69800 » March 4th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Firefox disabled my Password Depot add on and said it is not compatible. Do you have and upgrade?
thanks

Love your program

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Re: Password Depot and Firefox 19

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » March 6th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Hi 69800,

Happy to hear that you love Password Depot! :-)
69800 wrote:Firefox disabled my Password Depot add on and said it is not compatible.
Could you please specify which Password Depot version you are using? And prior to this message by Firefox, did you carry out any specific actions involving Password Depot, e.g. an update?
69800 wrote:Do you have and upgrade?
The latest version is version 7. You can always purchase an upgrade here:

http://www.password-depot.com/order.htm

Afterwards, you can download the program here:

http://www.password-depot.com/download.htm

dweelop11poleewd

Post by dweelop11poleewd » May 28th, 2013, 7:12 am

This is a great reason NOT TO BUY a license to password depot.

Of all of the software running on my PC and that has Firefox addons, password depot is the only one whose company expects users to upgrade their software to keep in working as Firefox makes even minor updates. :?

While it is perfectly within the legal terms of the license, it's the :shock: WORST PUBLIC RELATIONS :shock: move a company could ever make. Search the forums, I'm not a lone non-user. This is the main reason why a great number of people refuse to pay for a license to password depot. Besides the fact that there are a number of public domain solutions that do a better job than password depot ever could, would or will because of the talent that is present on the public domain tools/world.

Paying for good software is a choice that I am happy to make. Paying to be blackmailed down the road is something that I never do. I do not pay for password depot any longer due to this poor decision. Had there been a Firefox plugin available when I first became a paid user, way back when and I knew that extortion type payments would be demanded for me to keep the software functional, I would not have paid. I was very wrong when I thought AceBit had integrity.

dweelop11poleewd

Post by dweelop11poleewd » May 28th, 2013, 7:14 am

69800 wrote:Firefox disabled my Password Depot add on and said it is not compatible. Do you have and upgrade?
thanks

Love your program
You must pay the extortion fee to keep this companies software working...still love the program? I used to, not any more--AceBit woke me up about their tactics. Hopefully you're not a sheep that is willing to put up with this kind of software extortion.

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » June 10th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Hello dweelop11poleewd,

Every Firefox upgrade/update necessitates an update regarding the browser add-ons of Password Depot. However, these Password Depot updates are entirely free of charge. The only change with Password Depot that is at a charge are upgrades, i.e. from changes from one version to the next, e.g. from Password Depot 6 to 7. These upgrades, in turn, are not linked to Firefox updates, but to significant changes within our program.