How to import password file from ver 4 into ver 7

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
michiganmarty

How to import password file from ver 4 into ver 7

Post by michiganmarty » March 11th, 2013, 12:58 am

The Subject line says it all: How do you import the password file from version 4 into version 7? :(

Also, I just bought and installed version 7, only to find out there is no documentation to support it yet from the Acebit website. :(

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Re: How to import password file from ver 4 into ver 7

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » March 11th, 2013, 5:00 pm

michiganmarty wrote:How do you import the password file from version 4 into version 7?
You can simply load your password file(-s) from version 4 into version 7 by launching Password Depot 7, opening the File Manager and there selecting the file(-s).

In doing so, please note:

> Your password files are by default stored in \My Documents\Password Depot\Passwords (unless you changed the files’ location).

> Password lists created with older Password Depot versions can always be opened and edited in higher versions. However, this does not work the other way around: You cannot open files from e.g. version 7 in version 4!

> For this reason, it is recommended to save your older file in a new directory after you have first opened it. To do so, choose File ->Save as and select your new directory, e.g. \My Documents\Password Depot 4\Passwords.
michiganmarty wrote:I just bought and installed version 7, only to find out there is no documentation to support it
We are sorry for this! The help manual will be online as soon as possible.