Password Depot 7 and Depot Server

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
bynodesign

Password Depot 7 and Depot Server

Post by bynodesign » April 1st, 2013, 6:23 pm

Is there a Password Depot Server component that works with Depot 7? Currently there is only Depot Server 6 that only allows Version 6 Clients to connect to it.

I tried to purchase version 6 but only version 7 is available.

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Re: Password Depot 7 and Depot Server

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » April 2nd, 2013, 11:42 am

Hi bynodesign,

In order to use Password Depot Server, customers currently need to continue using Password Depot 6 as the server module has not yet been released in version 7 yet. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you very much for your understanding!

bynodesign

Post by bynodesign » April 2nd, 2013, 3:05 pm

I had Version 2 and i wanted to upgrade and purchase version 6 so that i could continue to use the server but i had no choice but to purchase version 7. Will there be a Server 7? and if so do you know when it will be released? Can i temporarly use version 6 with my Version 7 Unlock Code?

Birke (AceBIT-Team)
Guru
Guru

Post by Birke (AceBIT-Team) » April 3rd, 2013, 11:43 am

Hi bynodesign,

At the moment, it is indeed only possible to purchase Password Depot 7 whereas version 6 cannot be purchased anymore.

Therefore, until Password Depot Server 7 will be released, we offer following solution: If customers have purchased Password Depot 7 (clients) and are then unable to use them with their server module in version 6, we temporarily provide these customers with unlock codes for Password Depot 6. (Because no, it is not possible to use an unlock code from version 6 with version 7.)

If this situation applies to you, please simply send us an email to support@acebit.com, referring to this forum post. We will be happy to assist you in using our software!