Will Password Depot ever be available for Windows 8 rt?

This forum is designated to discuss Password Depot.
jcholcomb47

Will Password Depot ever be available for Windows 8 rt?

Post by jcholcomb47 » July 5th, 2013, 5:04 pm

I've been using Password Depot ever since version 3, but am new to this forum. I recently bought a Microsoft Surface RT tablet computer, and one of the first apps I looked for to add to it was a password manager. I was disappointed to find that Password Depot has not yet been compiled for the ARM processor. I would really love to be able to use Password Depot on my tablet PC, as I still think it is the easiest, most secure PW manager out there, and best suits my computing style. Does anyone have any information that indicates AceBit plans to compile a version that will work as an app for Windows RT?

Stefan (AceBIT Team)
Guru
Guru

Re: Will Password Depot ever be available for Windows 8 rt?

Post by Stefan (AceBIT Team) » July 19th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Hi jcholcomb47,

we're sorry for the late reply, but we might have answered your question on our support already. That's if we're not mistaken. :)

Anyway, our software doesn't support Windows RT at the moment and there are currently no plans of developing a Windows RT version. This may change in the future (you never know), but we can't say when or if this is going to happen.
jcholcomb47 wrote:I would really love to be able to use Password Depot on my tablet PC, as I still think it is the easiest, most secure PW manager out there, and best suits my computing style.
We're glad to hear that you're happy with our software and try our best to keep it this way. :)