PC hangs when creating database using MySQL

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.

Have you managed to run WinSurvey with MySQL on Windows ?

Poll ended at August 22nd, 2004, 1:29 am

it hangs all the time
100%
yes it works well
No votes
I've never tried
No votes

Total votes: 1

fredvu

PC hangs when creating database using MySQL

Post by fredvu » August 2nd, 2004, 1:29 am

I'm using EasyPHP 1.7 on a Windows WP SP1 PC. I've tried to create several surveys, and finally, 1 survey with only 1 question, 3 answers, and when I select create new database from survey, the PC hangs all the time. I've tried to create the database manually, using the error messages given by WinSurvey when creating a presention (when it said database "db1" does not exist, I executed a CREATE DATABASE "DB1" in phpMyAdmin 2.5.3), and then a test1_results table with 1 field VARCHAR(16), but it then asks to recreate the database. What is goign wrong? Is Winsurvey compatible with EasyPHP 1.7 on Windows XP ? Are there any special configuration settings to set for it to work? Or any changes to the standard processform.php? Thanks in advance for your help.

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » August 3rd, 2004, 1:46 pm

Hello,

This looks like a problem in the configuration of MySql server installed by EasyPHP. Anyway we will investigate the possible problems with EasyPHP 1.7 and find a workaround to resolve this issue.

Best regards

fredvu

ok with EasyPHP1.6

Post by fredvu » August 12th, 2004, 9:17 am

I've installed EasyPHP 1.6 instead of 1.7 and it works well with it. However, it's more limited in terms of web server and mySQL capabilities, but i's FYI, that you know it works with that version. I was wondering if this is linked to the version of MySQL. Please advise.
I'm planning to use the software for large scale surveys (3800 respondents) so I need it to be reliable. If there are any limitations I need to be aware of, please let me know

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » August 12th, 2004, 10:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for the information. Yes, this is an acknowledged bug in libMySql.dll library (MySql Release: 3.23.38), which is supplied with EasyPHP 1.7.

We have already implemented a workaround in Winsurvey to fix this problem. This patch will be available in the nearest minor version release of WinSurvey.

Best regards