Access DB

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
dlenos

Access DB

Post by dlenos » June 3rd, 2005, 9:01 pm

I am eval'ing the software - I set it to post the results to an access db. It created the mdb file - but no survey results are posted to it. I looked at all the files and see no code that access' the database... do you have instructions on using access?

AceBIT Support

Post by AceBIT Support » June 6th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Hello,

Can you please tell us what version of WinSurvery you are using exactly? What was your procedure to create the database. On what system are you running the database on? Whats your operating system where Win Survey is installed? Any firealls installed that might block Win Survey from connecting to the database? The more detailed your answer is, the faster we can try to reproduce your problem. Thanks a lot in advance!

dlenos

Access DB

Post by dlenos » June 9th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the reply...

I am evaling the 30 day version 2.0 from your site. Found a bug BTW: Go to settings->click on ASP 3.0 - ASP Mail - and save it. Go right back into settings - it will be back on PHP for the script engine.

I looked at the processform.asp code and (processform.php) - I see the logic in the php from for connecting to MYSQL. But I can find no such code to connect to the ACCESS mdb file in the processform.asp module.

Where is the code to connect and write to the Access DB located. My processform.asp file date is 2003 - is that correct?

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » June 10th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Hello,

please note that currently you can only automatically insert answers into a database when using MySQL. When using Access, this is not possible. In this case, the scripts will send you emails containing the answered surveys that you can import into your Access database. See also the documentation of WinSurvey for more detailed description.
AceBIT - Support -