Essay Questions chopped off

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
sweda

Essay Questions chopped off

Post by sweda » March 19th, 2006, 1:18 pm

All my essay questions are being truncated to about 90 chars. The full text is included in the returned emails but chopped off when imported into Winsurvey's database component.

I'm using WinSurvey 2003 (build 1.030).

Any help would be appreciated as surveys are pretty useless without a viable essay question option.

DevRoos

Post by DevRoos » March 20th, 2006, 12:49 pm

I hope that AceBit is answering this question very soon, since I've the same problem here, resulting in a pretty useless survey at this moment.

sweda

Post by sweda » March 20th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Hi,

I've sent in a support ticket too so will let you know if I find a resolution.

I'm using 2003 (which is pretty buggy), it looks like it might have been fixed in 2005
  • Improved Update Manager
  • Fixed the bug with deleting .sur files after sending e-mails (surveys) with Participants Manager.
  • Fixed the bug with access violation after multiple recreations of MS Access databases.
  • Fixed the bug with fixed cell widths for 'Choose one per topic' question.
  • Fixed the bug with not detecting changes of the text length of the fields for 'Essay' questions.
  • Fixed the bug with hiding 'Answers' after switching from an Essay question to another question type.
  • Several cosmetic problems are fixed.
but I don't want to fork out money for a 'bug fix' (the problem with the cell widths in 'Choose One per Topic' questions is a problem I have too!).

sweda

Post by sweda » March 27th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Well it doesn't appear that they're interested. I've sent in two support tickets about this and not heard a peep out of them!

Julian (AceBIT Support)

Post by Julian (AceBIT Support) » March 28th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Hello,

usually we try to answer support tickets in 24h. Please try to update to the actual version 1.0.5.0 by clicking the WinSurvey smybol in the upper left corner and then "Live-Update". Does this problem still exists in the actual version?

sweda

Post by sweda » March 28th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Hi,

The version I have is 1.030 which come on a coverdisk, it's a full version but does not require an unlock code (just an activation code).

If I use liveupdate to update to 1.050 rather than patch the existing installation it appears to install a new version which then needs an unlock code to stop being a trial version.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 29th, 2006, 11:14 am

Hello,

usually also with this version the live-update should work fine. Anyway, could you please send us an eMail to support@acebit.com, then we will be able to send you a special unlock code for your version of WinSurvey.
AceBIT - Support -

sweda

Post by sweda » March 29th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Thanks so much, updating to 1.050 has indeed solved the problem (although I did need to re-create the database file and re-import responses).

Thanks again for all your help! :D