Unable to create database from Winsurvey 2005

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
newad

Unable to create database from Winsurvey 2005

Post by newad » March 28th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out what causes this error for days. The error message says:

"Could not create the database!
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

I am using mySQL version 5.0.45. I have also tried 5.0.51a but it didn't make any difference.
I am able to connect with other client software (I have use SQLyog, among others, without any problem).

I have checked if a software firewall could block the 3306 port, but the firewall service isn't even running on the machine that hosts mySQL, which is not the same machine from which I run WinSurvey.

I have consulted the other forum threads but did not get any substantial clue from there.
At this point, I am lost. Can anyone help ?

Thanks,

Marc-Andre

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Unable to create database from Winsurvey 2005

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 31st, 2008, 10:51 am

Hello,

currently WinSurvey 2005 does not support the new style authentication. We would recommend you to create a separate user in your MySQL database with the possibility to use traditional passwords. Please see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html for more details.

Please also grant to that 'user' the possibility to log on to the database from external IP addresses (by default new users in MySQL 5 can connect only from localhost).

Best regards

newad

Re: Unable to create database from Winsurvey 2005

Post by newad » March 31st, 2008, 3:46 pm

Thanks, the "old password" mode did the trick.