WinSurvey 3, Central European letters

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
europosao

WinSurvey 3, Central European letters

Post by europosao » July 16th, 2008, 11:19 pm

Hello

I am using WinSurvey 3 (registrered single user licence), and I have little problems with some Central European (Croatian) letters.

So here we go:

I can not update dana from «Result Managment» when users write Croatian (CE) letter in «Fill in the blank» fields. Almost Every person from my country (Croatia) use some Central European letter in the First or Last Name.

As we found, «.ans» file is downloading from your acebit-service.com, but WinSurvey 3 could not read it and I retrieve ERROR message «An invalid character is found in text content».

Then I have tried to open .ans file with notepad and rename all «invalid characters» (central european letters are renamed with some similar western european letter) of users First and Last name and tried to open win survey 3 again. I have Imported ".ans" file from "Result managment". Then I receive almost correct results in my «Result managment».

The main problem is that I can not normally receive results (Update data from Internet database), without modifying them by hand steps in .ans file.

I am interesting in:

1. How can I fix this problem?
2. Does my database from acebit-service (with super light method) retrieve CE letters (croatian letters)?
3. Can you reprogram my software that he can automatically read and update users data.

I am very interested in solving this problem, also helpful to offer you to translate all WinSurvey3 by myself for free into Croatian Language (Croatian Version).

preview of these letters (picture):

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ianjo5.gif

or direct link to image:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ennqsp.gif

Support (AceBIT)

Re: WinSurvey 3, Central European letters

Post by Support (AceBIT) » July 17th, 2008, 10:09 am

Hello,

we have already answered you by private message.

Best regards