Possibility of making a test instead of a survey?

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
dante82

Possibility of making a test instead of a survey?

Post by dante82 » June 23rd, 2009, 11:41 am

Hello!

I've been using your program for quite some time, and it have proven very useful in various duties we have to perform on a daily basis. I have thought also of using the tool to "grade" the answers, and use the surveys for evaluating some of our employees/students. So my question is:

Is there, or could be in the future, the possibility of giving any answer (from the single/multiple choice questions) some numerical value, to be totalled at the end of a test and stored in the database record? For now, I think I can achieve similar functionality by using conditional redirections (if the answer is right, it redirects to a hidden question), but I still wouldn't be able to count the final score. Is that something that can be achieved/implemented in WinSurvey, or is absolutely not possible?

Best regards
R.

dante82

HTML snippet - how to use it?

Post by dante82 » June 23rd, 2009, 2:19 pm

I've given the problem some more thought, and tried to solve it by using the HTML snippet type question (using the js or php to count the points)
Yet even using it in the way it is shown at the sample preview doesn't do anything valuable - it simply quotes all the code I have pasted into this field like a html text.
It couldn't execute it, because all of my "<script>" or "<?php" tags are simply quoted in the page source code using &lt and &gt instead of < and >, making all of the snippet code unusable. What am I doing wrong? Or is there simply a bug?

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: Possibility of making a test instead of a survey?

Post by Support (AceBIT) » July 1st, 2009, 6:30 pm

Hello!

We have forwarded this to the responsable product developert, because it looks like this is a bug. Also your idea to use WinSurvey for tests has been forwarded. Maybe this feature will be implemented in one of the next versions.

Kind Regards
AceBIT - Support -