problems with data base configure

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
pugliesi

problems with data base configure

Post by pugliesi » July 20th, 2009, 9:44 pm

I'm still in the trial time of winsurvey. I have some problem in the database settings. That's why I have some questions:
1) Do I need to configure mysql on my server before create DB with the database settings?
2) I'm receinving a error warning: sql error: access denied for the user xx (using passaword: yes) when I click "test connection" or "create DB". I have check the server name and port with my host provider and its everything okay with that. Do the trial version allow users to use this feature, for professional method?
3) finnaly: I'm ussing the software from a PC that connects the internet by a local lan router. Do I have to make some special configuration on the router to use this features?
Tks
Regards
Felipe

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: problems with data base configure

Post by Support (AceBIT) » July 29th, 2009, 12:47 pm

Have you tried the Super Light and Light methods? Do they work on your PC? If yes, then no further router configuration is needed.

Aboout your database problems: Please double check with your provider, if they allow the database access from remote. Usually most providers limit the access to scripts which are located on the server itself, whioch does not work with WinSurvey.
AceBIT - Support -