New buyer and question

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
PaHa

New buyer and question

Post by PaHa » January 25th, 2010, 2:36 pm

I just bought WinSurvey and I do have special needs...

"My question is:

Lets assume I have a number of candinates who I want ranked f.e best 5 of 25.

I'd like to make survey where first question is "who is the best, pick one" (easily done)

Then who is 2nd best and so on...

But because people are "stupid" I needed "take-off" early answers... so if there is candinates name A, B, C and D. And someone pick that best is A. Then 2nd or 3rd (and so on) cannot be anymore A. Do you understand my point? I don't know how to do that and that is one of my "must feature"

"However, it is quite easy to implement. We can create such a customized survey for you."

How can u help me? Do I have to make survey first or how we can go on this situation?

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Re: New buyer and question

Post by Support (AceBIT) » January 25th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Hello,

for creating queations as you request it, you have two opportunities:

1. New Question -> choose Library -> Demographics -> Example: "How many total employees in your company
In this case the answers would be the ranking positions from 1-25. You needed to add a new questions for each name that should be ranked.

2. New Question -> choose Library -> Demographics -> Example: "This section is optional. Please fill out....."
In this case the user has to write his ranking number into the fields appearing next to the name of the person to be ranked. The advantage of this question type is, that you only have one question and all answers included.

Best regards,
AceBIT Support
AceBIT - Support -

PaHa

Post by PaHa » January 25th, 2010, 4:14 pm

well... let me explain again...

I have f.e 25 names.

each people who answer question can pick f.e 3 best... and if he has answered that best is answer one then he has no possibility to pick that answer again 2nd or 3rd best.

PaHa

Post by PaHa » February 8th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Plz help 4 my situation... I need to do my survey within 2 weeks...

If I understood right, support answer did not helped me...

Second question... anyhow possible to put pictures to the survey "more freely"?

PaHa

Post by PaHa » February 9th, 2010, 12:10 am

Sorry my poor english... but I try to describe my problem better way...

Let's assume that I've canditates name A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K.

I want that people who answer my survey pick f.e best two candinates. Every people who answer my survey can choose who is best and who is 2nd. I f.e I am answering and I have picked that cand. B is best then I must not have opportunity to choose that B is 2nd best but I must choose someone else.

In my need I have approxmitely 25 candinates and I'd like people choose best, 2nd, and 3rd on my way I described before. Why I want that this is not possible? Because I think people who answer are "stupid" and someone gonna pick that candinate B is best, 2nd and 3rd if that would be possible.

PaHa

Post by PaHa » March 8th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Hmm... Not so good customer service... anyway... I have a testsurvey in address:

http://www.acebit-service.com/survey3/s ... 09-10.html

Is it anyhow possible that if somebody choose in 1st question answer is "Aro" then that won't be possible anymore to choose again in 2nd and 3rd best option and so on...??

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 10th, 2010, 11:50 am

Hello,

unfortunately we could not open your test survey, always getting "error 404- page not found" . But as we understand your question, you want to enable the following option:
Survey Designer -> New Question -> Question Type -> Advanced -> Next question transition
Here you can set "Conditional (Next question depends on selected answer)".

Best regards,
AceBIT Support
AceBIT - Support -

PaHa

Post by PaHa » March 10th, 2010, 12:10 pm

Sorry here is new link:

http://www.acebit-service.com/survey3/s ... 09-10.html

hope this opens...

Actually that is not what I want... I have asked this question before I bought this software. It found here: trialtesting--t4789.html

Basicly I have things I am worried:

- I do not want that any candinate name is "pre-selected", that's why my first option to answer is "Please select".
That could cause problem if somebody pick only one and leave 2 choices in a "please select mode" or leave all three choices at "please select mode". And if I left someone name (or option) pre-selected then people could just leave those like they were and press submit button...

- Second there is no way to avoid situation (what I can do) that someone could pick all three answers "same name" and that is not what I want. I want that people have to select 3 different choices and exactly 3 different not less (not more)...