How to: Evaluate score and if less than something....

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
PaHa

How to: Evaluate score and if less than something....

Post by PaHa » August 4th, 2010, 10:09 am

So is it possible to make questions that:

- Have to give score f.e 4-10 (yes it can be)
- But if score is f.e less than 8, then people who answer my survey have to give explanation for that otherwise number 7 is not accepted.

How I could do like that?

I tried to do that for putting scores less than 8 input field "please specify" but it did not seem to work at least drob down menus. And if I choose horizontal or vertical then these are taking too much space...

You can see my very short test at:http://www.acebit-service.com/survey3/s ... testi.html

What I would like web-page to shown is something like this:

name
scores 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 (at here you can choose score)
explanation: ______________________________ (free text field but obligatory if score is 7 or less)

next name (at the same page and so on...)
scores 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 (at here you can choose score)
explanation: ______________________________ (free text field but obligatory if score is 7 or less)

I hope you got my point?

AceBIT
Site Admin

Re: How to: Evaluate score and if less than something....

Post by AceBIT » August 9th, 2010, 4:55 pm

You can achieve that by using "Conditional questions". However, there is a small problem with these kind of questions and they do not work if you used "Drop Down list" for that question.
Beste Grüße aus Darmstadt! - Best regards from Darmstadt!

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

PaHa

Post by PaHa » August 19th, 2010, 8:53 am

TY for that answer. However I have another minor problem. How I can handle situation that I would have f.e 5 question conserding one person and I'd like to get these results easily analyzed. I am making survey about refereeing matters for the coaches. I have about 20 referees and each referee have about 5 different areas to get score. As you see in my short test survey http://www.acebit-service.com/survey3/s ... testi.html.

In that test referee name is Pasi Hakkarainen and there is four different areas to give numeric evaluation and one essay answer if one given number would be 3 or less. In this kind of question type I have couple of problems:

1) I need to create 4 different questions for giving numeric answer
2) I do not know how I could "attached" these 5 questions to the one persons evaluations

I'll try to explain better 8) :

What I would like or needed is:

Question: "Give evaluation number 1-5 to the referee name xxx for a 4 different areas and one essay":

Referee name: area1 - answer, area2 - answer, area3 - answer, area4 - answer, essay

And I'll get results:

Referee name1: area1 - stats from answers, area2 -......, all essays
Referee name2: area1 - stats from answers, area2 -......, all essays

Do you understand my question and problem and do you have any ideas how to handle that?

Also I'd like to add small picture of the referee near to name of referee, is that possible?
edit: picture is ok, however there is minor problem to nice aligment ;)

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » August 20th, 2010, 5:13 pm

In your example you would need to create for each Referee a new set of questions. You can later filter the evaluations based on a specific Referee in the Result Management.

About adding a picture: WinSurvey will create a HTML file which contains your survey. This file you can edit just as any other normal HTML file. However, this is not possible if you are using the Super Light method. You would need to use the Light Method or above.

AceBIT GmbH, Holzhofallee 15, 64295 Darmstadt, Deutschland - Tel.: +49 61 51 136 50-0, Fax: +49 61 51 136 50-20, E-Mail: info@acebit.de, Web: https://www.acebit.de

PaHa

Post by PaHa » August 23rd, 2010, 9:22 am

I have to check your answer... :? So... I need to create one survey per each Referee? If this a case... this is not very nice... All club coaches have to evaluate about 20 referees, which means 20 different surveys... If I understand right?

AceBIT
Site Admin

Post by AceBIT » August 24th, 2010, 1:18 am

Hello Paha,

I am not sure if I understood you correctly. Sorry.

You have a set of questions for each Referee. You have a given number of Referees.

You do not have to create a separate survey for each Referee but I currently do not see how to avoid duplicating that questions for each Referee. Of course you may create all required questions for ONE Referee and then add it as template and duplicated it from there.

There is no automated way how you could avoid this duplication.