POP3-Outlook

This forum is designated to discuss WinSurvey.
pmaack

POP3-Outlook

Post by pmaack » February 2nd, 2004, 5:50 pm

I am assisting a colleague who is trying to use winsurvey to gather results through the web. the settings are as follows:
DB: Access
response handling type: light - responses sent by e-mail (to andread@hi.is)
Mail client: incoming=pop3 outgoing=smtp
mail software: Outlook (survey data goes to inbox)

The survey was published by first publishing it to a local file and then copying html files and php scripts onto a webserver.

When we try to import answers from Outlook (through the main menu) these two messages appear:
1. Close your mail client before getting responses!
2. No new mail!
This result is always the same, even though we have received several responses through e-mail.

Regards,
Pétur Maack
University of Iceland Faculty of social sciences,
Reykjavik
Iceland

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » February 3rd, 2004, 10:06 am

Hello!

Please make sure the following conditions are realized:

1) MS Outlook is your default e-mail client (Click the Outlook menu Tools|Options|Other and check the box "Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar");
2) The responses go directly to your Inbox (no spam filters or any mail rules are applied to WinSurvey responses);
3) Emails with responses should be marked as "Unread", so if you have read an e-mail directly in Outlook, don't forget to mark that message as "Unread" before importing to WinSurvey;

Best regards,
Serghei

pmaack

About the options menu...

Post by pmaack » February 6th, 2004, 12:21 pm

Hi there I have really no idea what you are talking about in referral to the options menu in MS Outlook. Outlook is truly the default mail handler but still this checkbox you describe is nowhere to be found within the Tools/Options/other submenu.

The version I am using is MS Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711)

I would really appreciate a speedy response and solution since this problem is standing in the way of us utilizing the software.

regards

Pétur Maack

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » February 6th, 2004, 12:29 pm

Hello,

Could you please forward a sample e-mail message with WinSurvey response to support@acebit.com

Best regards,
Serghei

pmaack

Post by pmaack » February 6th, 2004, 2:12 pm

Hello,

thanks for the quick response, I have allready sent a sample e-mail. The sender is andread@hi.is

best regards,
Pétur Maack

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » February 9th, 2004, 3:40 pm

Thanks for your E-Mail.

We will take a look at it and post a solution here into the Forum or send you an answer via E-Mail.
AceBIT - Support -

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » October 8th, 2004, 12:38 pm

Hello,

as sometimes we still get questions about this problem, here a hint to this:

On some systems Outlook does not shut down correctly when closing it, or is set up not to really close. Please make sure that after closing Outlook there's not process "OUTLOOK.EXE" in the process-tab in Task-Manager. If there is such a process, please shut it down, too.
AceBIT - Support -