Temporary Files are not deletable

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
beansontoast

Temporary Files are not deletable

Post by beansontoast » September 16th, 2004, 9:30 pm

After trying to use ACEbackup several times, I received a warning that my hard drive was running out of space.

On further investigation, I discovered that the temorary files created by Acebackup had not been deleting themselves. In fact, I had 19gigs worth in my C:\Documents and Settings\'USer'\Local Settings\Temp\TEmp folder. There was a group of sub-folder in here for each of the backups I had run.

To make matters worse, when I try to delete these files myself, I receive a Windows error, such as :-

"Error Deleting File or Folder"
"Cannot Delete 886SET~1.000: Cannot find the Specified file"
"Make sure you specify the correct path and filename"

Can someone help with this ?
Why doesn't Acebackup clean itself up ?
What have I got to do to delete these files/folders ?

Windows XP with SP1
XP1700
768 RAM
80gig HD
Cheers,

Beanz !

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » September 17th, 2004, 9:25 am

Hello!

AceBackup should automatially delete all temporary files used during a project's processing. Could you please tell what kind of backup media (ftp, CD/DVD or local folder) and version of AceBackup did you use?

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » September 17th, 2004, 12:49 pm

I was writing to both CD/RW ( unsuccesfully - please see earlier post ) and also just to a direcory on my HD.

I am using version 2.1.

I suspect these files are from failed backups, but this doesn't help me delete them.
Cheers,

Beanz !

AceBIT Support

Post by AceBIT Support » December 2nd, 2004, 2:17 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the delay!
Have you tried to scan your harddisk with scandisk or any similar program? Maybe your filesystem got corrupted in some way, so that the files are still shown in windows (and allocate the space), but are not there in fact (so that windows shows you this error message).