Back up to more than one DVD

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
jhamey

Back up to more than one DVD

Post by jhamey » September 26th, 2004, 11:39 am

I have just installed Ace Backup 2004 in the hope of backing up my entire system onto 4.7 GB DVD-RWs. The new project wizard tells me there is too much data for one DVD - which is true! I was hoping it might also offer to let the back-up run from one DVD to the next... Is there any way of doing this? I am running Windows XP Pro.

Serghei (AceBIT)

Post by Serghei (AceBIT) » September 27th, 2004, 11:44 am

Hello,

Currently AceBackup does not support automatic splitting a backup project into several CD/DVD disks. This can be done only manually - you can create a few backup projects or add a few volumes into one backup project.

wlamia

Re: Back up to more than one DVD

Post by wlamia » November 5th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Does the current version now implement automatic multiple-disk CD/DVD volumes? If not, is there any prospect of adding this feature any time soon?

AceBIT (Support)
Guru
Guru

Re: Back up to more than one DVD

Post by AceBIT (Support) » November 6th, 2008, 11:50 am

Good Morning,

we are sorry but it is not possible yet to backup automatically to multiple DVD/CDs but this feature request has already been forwarded to our product manager and will be implemented in one of the next versions of AceBackup.

Best Regards
Marco