Erro code explanation

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
Boska

Erro code explanation

Post by Boska » August 31st, 2005, 2:16 pm

I get following error code after a backup via FTP can you tell me what causes the error and what it means.

Operation: Backup file "C:\Paul\Quotes&pricing\CS\Customer Support EURO Price List Q1 2005F na.xls"
Result: 550 Firewall: Command too long. (Code 550)

Thanks. Paul Gerits.

AceBIT Support

Post by AceBIT Support » September 1st, 2005, 4:47 pm

Hello,

The FTP error 550 means 'Permission denied' and appears usually when you try to upload a file into a directory you have no 'write' right to.

But in your case a firewall also may interfere. Could you tell what kind of a firewall do you use? And does this error take place for all files you are trying to backup on ftp server or only for files with long names like Customer Support EURO Price List Q1 2005F na.xls ?

Boska

Post by Boska » September 1st, 2005, 7:28 pm

It only occurs for file names with long names. The firewall is a company firewall I have no details of it.

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » September 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm

Hello,

could you please also try what happens when manually copying such files with any FTP-client? Does this also cause such messages?
AceBIT - Support -

Boska

Post by Boska » September 5th, 2005, 8:21 am

It only occurs with a firewall and long path/file names. Without a firewall there is no problem.

AceBIT Support

Post by AceBIT Support » September 5th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Hello,

Can you maybe talk to the administrator of the firewall about this? It looks like there is a certain firewall rule that might block the transfer of files with long names here.