Version nackup does not work!

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
richardkl

Version nackup does not work!

Post by richardkl » March 5th, 2008, 4:25 am

I downloaded the latest version, unabled "create a new version". But when I change the document and try to do a restore after another backup, there are no versions under the versions tab. What is wrong? I an using a word doc as my test "test.doc", the software saves the new documents but without versions.

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Version nackup does not work!

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 5th, 2008, 11:15 am

Hello,

could you please give us more information about your project, for example about the target of the backup project, its settings and so on.

Has the project been processed without errors? You can open the target directory of the backup in the Windows Explorer to see whether everything has worked correctly, if so, you would find files like test.doc.nsz.000, test.doc.nsz.001, test.doc.nsz.002, etc.

Best regards

richardkl

Post by richardkl » March 5th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Yes, the project has been processed without errors! The target directory has the files test.doc.nsz.001, test.doc.nsz.002 and test.doc.nsz.003. Note that there is no "test.doc.nsz.000". The operating system is 2000pro, the target directory is “c:\backup”, the source is “d:\install”, the type is “backup”, the collision is” create a new version”, any thing else you need please ask. I can restore the last file but there are no versions displayed in the version tab of the file "test.doc"

Another question,

What is the function of the "New folder" item, in the project folders popup menu for? The help guide and manual only states that it "Creates a new folder in your project" but I tried to drop files to it and nothing happened?

A Comment,

In the report log, the restore shows that a restore was completed, but it doesn't show to where it was restored, I restored it to an alternate location. It would be nice it the location was added to the report.

An additional comment,

In the project menu you have the item "Reset updates", also, in the project window the there is an items listed as "Revert". Are these are the same? If yes, it would be nice for consistency and to help reduce the possibility of confusion that both should be the same name. Also, the action of the items is more of a "Cancel action" than a “Revert” or “Reset updates”, since selection of the item cancels on both the delete and the restore actions.

Yes, I realize that I misspelled the word “backup” on the “subject” line. I am not commenting on the choice of words to be arrogant, but as I did have pause to think about them at first use. And I thought that if I had to think about it, maybe others did as well.

richardkl

Post by richardkl » March 5th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Another question,

Is there any way to linit the number of versions stored?

Support (AceBIT)

Post by Support (AceBIT) » March 7th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we will take your suggestions into account when we create new version.

We would recommend you to use the command Project -> Verify . It will check the backup media and then show in the project only really existing items.

The functions "Reset updates" and "Revert" have different meanings and are not the same. Unfortunately, there is no possibility to limit the number of versions.

Best regards