Restore old backup to shared drive

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
bossy

Restore old backup to shared drive

Post by bossy » September 2nd, 2008, 11:48 pm

Hi,

I (luckily) had backed up my files from my XP machine on to a USB drive. However the m/c is frequently crashing on me so I formatted it and decided to have the files on shared samba drive on my linux box. However, I am not able to do that using AceBackup.
I tried importing the archive and that worked fine. However, I don't see my (mapped) shared drive when I click "restore to a different location". All it shows is the physical drives on the m/c and the CD drive.
How can I restore my files from the USB drive onto a samba drive using ACEBackup on a windows XP m/c?

TIA !

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Restore old backup to shared drive

Post by Support (AceBIT) » September 4th, 2008, 10:04 am

Hello,

When you execute the command "Restore to a different location" AceBackup just calls the standard Windows function 'Browse For Folder', it should work exactly as in Windows explorer. Please try to click F5 when you call this dialog box, and also make sure that the mapped drive can be accessed and opened in windows explorer.

Best regards