Scheduled backup not working

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
Eoin

Scheduled backup not working

Post by Eoin » December 2nd, 2008, 2:52 pm

Hi all,

I'm using AceBackup version 2.2.0 and I've created a job to backup some files on my C: drive. I've scheduled it to run every hour but it isn't running. In the Schedule tab I've set Schedule Task to Daily, Start Time to 09:00, and Schedule Task Daily to Every 1 Day. At the top of this dialog box it says "Every 1 hour from 09:00 for 2 hours every day, starting 02/12/2008". Next to this text is an image of what looks like a hard disk and there is a red circle with a white X on this image. In Advanced Schedule Options I have set the task to repeat every 1 hour until Duration: 2 hours. Can you help me figure out why this job isn't running as per the schedule above? Thanks.

Support (AceBIT)

Re: Scheduled backup not working

Post by Support (AceBIT) » December 2nd, 2008, 6:41 pm

Hello,

please make sure that the Windows Task Scheduler Service is running at your PC as AceBackup needs this service to start the scheduled backups.

Do you receive any error message when the backup is not started? Did you also enter a correct password and username?

Best regards

Eoin

Post by Eoin » December 2nd, 2008, 7:05 pm

Hi,

Task Scheduler is running and I don't receive any error messages. I've checked Event Viewer for logs but nothing. I can force the job to run by going to Process then Backup so I know there's nothing wrong with the job itself. I could send screen-shots of the job properties if that would do any good?

Thanks,
Eoin.

AceBIT (Support)
Guru
Guru

Post by AceBIT (Support) » December 3rd, 2008, 10:45 am

Hello!

Please have a look at "All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools", and then click "Scheduled Tasks". There you should find your backup for example "BCK1". Please doubleclick on it to get to its properties. Is this task activated? Have you been logged in while the task should have run?

Kind Regards
Marco

Eoin

Post by Eoin » December 3rd, 2008, 2:24 pm

Hi,

Thats fixed the problem but caused another!! I had ticked Only run when logged on and since that computer wouldn't be logged on all the time it wasn't running the scheduled job. So that fixed that. However when I right clicked on the job and clicked Run, it's status didn't appear as running but the Last Run Time date and time changed to the current time and date so it appeared to do something. I looked at the log file and the job started then finished 1 second later without copying any files. When I opened Acebackup and looked at my job it had removed all my file selections from the job! I added the files I want to backup to the project again, processed them then closed AceBackup and set the Task to run but the same thing happened again? It seems that when the job runs it alters the Project, removing my file selections. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eoin.

AceBIT (Support)
Guru
Guru

Post by AceBIT (Support) » December 4th, 2008, 11:47 am

Hello,

we have not been able to reproduce this problem yet but we will go on investigating this. Do you maybe have any other projects where you have the same prolems? Which operating system are you using and where did you save your backup file?

Kind Regards
Marco

Eoin

Post by Eoin » December 4th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Hi,

I think I've fixed it. This would happen when I dragged files from the left hand pane (headed Local Folders) to my project but not when I dragged them from the right-hand pane. Jobs have been working since then so case closed. Thanks for your help.

regards,
Eoin.