Consequential backups?

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
rnf

Consequential backups?

Post by rnf » December 10th, 2003, 3:59 pm

I'm trying to get AceBackup to work and I'm not sure I understand how it is supposed to work (or at least, it doesn't seem to work for me).

I created a project and added some file to it. Then I performed "Process all" or "Backup" and AceBackup did a good job transferring everythink to an ftp server.

Now I closed AceBackup and worked with some files that are included in the project. Ideally, I would expect that when I start AceBackup and open the project that I created earlier, it would find out that some files in it have been changed and offer me an option of updating my backup set by transferring only the changed files.

But AceBackup doesn't seem to work this way. When I open my project, the only option I seem to have is to add and transfer all the files again. I couldn't find a way to do updates.

Am I missing something?

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » December 10th, 2003, 6:21 pm

Currently, you can only backup files that were changed outside the project using scheduled backups. Otherwise you have to open the project, add the files and retransfer them, as you figured out correctly.

The next update will include an "Update" function, which allows to backup up changed files without having to add them to the project again. This version is in process at present.
AceBIT - Support -

rnf

Post by rnf » December 10th, 2003, 8:52 pm

Thank you for the prompt response. That's actually what I thought. I hope it will work this time.

AceBIT
Site Admin

Your question

Post by AceBIT » December 13th, 2003, 3:07 pm

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.