Running processes before or after backup

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
red_five

Running processes before or after backup

Post by red_five » January 21st, 2004, 4:40 pm

Is there an easy way to run tasks or processes prior to starting and after finishing a backup task? For instance, I want to stop a database service before backing up a folder, then start the process up again, so that I don't get "file in use" errors.
I have already tried to create a .bat file that stops the services I need, runs the backup project, then starts the services back up, but it doesn't wait for the project to finish before the services restart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nelson Butterworth

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » January 21st, 2004, 5:01 pm

In the current version there is no possibility to start tasks before and after starting the scheduled backup.

This will be possible in the next version. This version will be released in the next 2 month.
AceBIT - Support -

red_five

Post by red_five » January 21st, 2004, 5:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Any ideas how I might be able to work around this? It's important for allowing our clients to perform off-site backups to our FTP server. Even if there's a way to have the batch file I mentioned wait until the backup task is complete, so that I can schedule the batch file. I'd rather not try to schedule a task to kill the services, another to run the backup, and a third to restart the processes, as the backup might not be finished by the time the service restart task begins. Thanks again.

Nelson

Support (AceBIT)
AceBIT
AceBIT

Post by Support (AceBIT) » January 21st, 2004, 8:01 pm

You could start the .bat file with the task manager integrated in windows a few minutes before the tasks of AceBackup starts.

But try out how long the backup process will need to be processed. Start the second .bat file then some minutes after the Backup process is finnished.
AceBIT - Support -