problem with scheduled backup of second volume

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
ReneH

problem with scheduled backup of second volume

Post by ReneH » October 31st, 2010, 9:56 pm

I have a backup project with two independent volumes (volume #0, local system, default volume, cannot be deleted, no backup files in project / volume #1, FTP server, multiple directories), running under Windows Server 2003 (WHS). I have successfully made the first backup in 'GUI mode' and have defined a schedule as per instructions, to daily backup new/changed files. The backup task executes, but only looks at files in volume #0 (which is empty) and does not process volume #1. Example log file below:

vhol backup - Volume #0 (E:\Backup\AceBackup) - Log started: 31/10/2010 17:33:42
vhol backup - Volume #0 (E:\Backup\AceBackup) - Log ended: 31/10/2010 17:33:43

Can I delete volume #0 (does not seem to be possible) or is there something else I should do. Are there other command line switches ('-update' is used in command line)?

Many thanks for your help.

Goofy

Re: problem with scheduled backup of second volume

Post by Goofy » March 30th, 2011, 9:54 pm

how did you define the schedule tasks?

nmb100

Post by nmb100 » September 8th, 2014, 8:52 am

Hi

Did you ever find a solution to this as I face the same problem. The Windows scheduler runs perfectly however the backup is only running on volume#0, which contains nothing, and not volume#1, which contains my FTP backup. I can run it manually without any problems and all settings are correct.

How do I specify that I want volume#1 to be run as well or only?

Thanks.

bgrizek

Post by bgrizek » December 5th, 2014, 7:07 pm

I found 2 ways to solve this:

1) When you create the project, instead of adding a new volume, just edit volume 0 and change it to FTP volume, so you will only have just 1 volume.

2) If you dont want to create a new project and configure all again, just make Volume 0 and Volume 1 to Sync instead of beeing independent volumes

Hope it helps

Docwu

Post by Docwu » March 23rd, 2017, 8:42 am

Same issue. Free or not if it doesn't do what you tell it and randomly backs up to the wrong volume...why does it exist.

A person cannot remove the Volume 0 localsystem from a project, and as someone suggested, you also cannot rename it. You can add a second volume which I have done , but how do you tell it to backup only yo volume #1? This seems like something you guys would have figured out many versions ago. And these other posts are from 3 years ago and not one reply. USELESS SOFTWARE , USELESS FORUM... Prove me wrong and reply with an answer.

If this is just the way the software works...then no wonder it's free...who would pay for this? Thank you for wasting my time. I guess I'll need to find another solution.