Here are some instructions how to do that:
First, check if the language is already available here:
1) Download and install the "SIL Editor": http://www.tsilang.de/mt/mt/mv.pl?distr=15
2) Download the file:
Version 3: It contains the current translations in German and English
3) Load the .sib file in the SIL Editor and enter your translation into the "custom" column.
4) Put the .sib file into the program directory and rename it to "AceBackup.sib". Your language is now available via "Options"
5) If you want to allow us to use your translation too, please send us a written accreditation (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Of course, we will mention you and your website as translator.
Please take into account the following considerations:
Translating of “%” symbol. The symbol % plays very important role in Delphi projects, usually it is not used for displaying the percent sign but for special formatting purposes. Therefore all words, beginning with % must be repeated in the translation EXACTLY AS IS.
- English: Connected to %s as %s
German: Verbunden mit %s als %s
French: Connecté à %s comme %s
- English: %.2fKB (%d bytes)
German: %.2fKB (%d Bytes)
French: %.2fKo (%d octets)
String Lengths. The same strings in different languages may have very different lengths. For example, some phrases, translated from English to French may become 2 times longer. Sometimes this cannot be avoided, but whenever possible, please try to make translations not too much longer than original phrases as it may negatively affect the user interface.