"Verify" does not detect new items.

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
EwenB

"Verify" does not detect new items.

Post by EwenB » May 27th, 2012, 3:09 am

I am using version 3 on Windows 7 Home Premium. In the "Options" menu under "Advanced" and "Volume" I have moved the destinations to my H:\ drive, I see no value in having the backup on the master drive. If it were to fail I would have no means of accessing my back-up. The folder names I have used are identical to the ones which are used in the AceBackup 3 folder on the C:\ drive and no information is now being written there.

I also notice that in the Projects folder one project I have named "Downloads" has two files Downloads.nsa" and Downloads.nsb. What is the .nsa file?

My problem however is that I have added a number of new documents and downloaded files to two of my projects. When I open the backup and select "Verify" the programme duly does this and although the opening frame informs me that files will be added or removed from the project that are not on the volume it is not doing this.

In all other aspects the programme works well and I am more than happy with it.

Bilbo

Re: "Verify" does not detect new items.

Post by Bilbo » June 4th, 2012, 10:37 am

Hey EwenB,

Look at this cut out from the Read me!

HINT: The wizard will not verify, if files are changed on the local system, it verifies only if the files have the same content as in the project. For example, if the files text1.txt, text2.txt, text3.txt are present in the project file and the files text1.txt.nsz, text4.txt.nsz, text5.txt.nsz are present on the volume, after the verifying the files text1.txt, text4.txt, text5.txt are present in the project file, because the wizard removed the files which were not present on the volume, and added those files which could be found on the volume.

I hope it helps,

Bilbo