HELPPPPP PLEASE!!!!! .NSZ.000 FILES

This forum is designated to discuss AceBackup. Please note that questions in this forum are not answered by our support team.
eliwwjd

HELPPPPP PLEASE!!!!! .NSZ.000 FILES

Post by eliwwjd » August 21st, 2014, 10:57 pm

Good afternoon,

I need someone that could help me out sort a big problem I have. I have a client of mine who had some documents in excel format .xls, yesterday on his desktop and they were working and opening with no problem. Today he calls me to let me know that he is not able to open up the documents. When I checked it has this extension: .xls.nsz.000 and it changed the modified date.
What the heck happened here? I'm lost to this problem. I've searched with no answers. How can a spreadsheet in excel change itself the file extension?
I scanned the pc with malwarebytes, Microsoft security essentials and tds killer but everything seems fine. I also tried repairing the file but nothing. Tried a recommendation I read on this linkhttp://www.acebit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5270
but nothing worked. The worst thing is that the customer doesn't have a backup.
I finally had to tell the person that there was no hope. If anybody can give me some input on this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Eli

eliwwjd

Re: HELPPPPP PLEASE!!!!! .NSZ.000 FILES

Post by eliwwjd » August 22nd, 2014, 5:42 pm

No one here has a clue to this? These files were in excel .xls and now the info is trapped into this .nsz.000 extension. This is the first time i come across this issue.

FleetWood

Re: HELPPPPP PLEASE!!!!! .NSZ.000 FILES

Post by FleetWood » January 28th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Damn, the same thing is happening with a file of mine. This is a very important file to me. Were you able to recover the file eliwwjd?